Monday, January 19, 2009

Visiting Dallas Forth Worth - Friday

Joseph, Lemuel and I made the trek to Dallas for the long weekend. It was our first time visiting Aunt Kelly and Uncle Kyle. Mamoo and Nana claim that they have "the most comfortable house in the world," so we were there to test the limits of their comfort - we brought noise, toys and lots of mess!

This was Joseph and Lemuel's first visit to Texas, and Lemuel's first airplane ride, so she was doubly excited. I just NEW we were going to have a five hour tarmac delay - but the Delta pilots, air traffic controllers, and weather gods came through for us, and we sailed onto DFW without delay.

Unfortunately Delta now charges $15 for your FIRST checked bag, which would have added another $90 on to our trip. And I'm too stubborn. I would have paid $30 more for our ticket, and not complained, but it kind of feels like they are trying to pull one over on you when they add the charge on later. So I schlepped 3 bags, two kids, a stroller and a car seat through the airport. Oh well, at least I stood my ground.

No comments: