Sunday, November 9, 2008

Get out the vote. . . or get out of the boat?


I took Joseph to vote with me last week. We waited for 1-1/2 hours. I explained to Joseph that voting was when grown ups got together and picked the leader of our country, where we live. The leader would be the President, and he was kind of like Joseph's teacher at school. He got to make the rules for us.

I thought I'd done a good job explaining, until we got to the end of the line and Joseph asked excitedly, Is it our turn to get on the boat?

He was sorely disappointed to find out that instead of a boat, we just got to push a couple of buttons. He was excited about the sticker though.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Chloe was convinced that the election was over after each primary. She is a big Obama fan primarily because she likes to say his full name.